Finally :)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:11 AM

Edit: moved this thread to our new forum :)

After wasting a little bit of plastic & a few remelts, I've made my first pours !! I also just ordered some open-pour molds & colors from LC, can't wait to try them out:

dark earthworm w/ ultrafine red & gold, regular red & black glitter
watermelon w/ ultrafine red & regular red glitter
super bubblegum w/ ultrafine gold, regular gold & gold holigraphic glitter

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:15 PM

Hey Snypa, those are some nice looking "senkos". Are these baits softer or harder than Yamamoto Senkos?

#3 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

Thanks Openfire !! And yes they have a similar texture to senkos, the sink rate is a whole another story though, ppl found out that Yamamoto was using salt crystals probably, but really its all about how much salt you add, the more salt I add to my plastic, the quicker it sinks, the less I add, the more it floats and plus the bass love it. :)

#4 Black_Blade

Black_Blade

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

great looking baits! Do you fish those wacky-style at all, last year the kids and I had great success rigging 6 inch regular worms wacky style, now it s the only way they want me to set them up...lol. Do you happen to know of a supplier for those rubber O rings? I been getting litte assorted packages from Canadian Tire plumbing dept, but only some of them are useful (right size) for slipping over the worms.

#5 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

Hey black blade, try Home Depot !!

#6 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

Or you could try these:

My GF bought these at dollarama. They look like the right size to slip over a senko. I haven't tried them yet...

Posted Image

#7 Black_Blade

Black_Blade

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:28 PM

I was looking at those hair things too, but I like the black rubber rings cuz they are tougher and won't break in the heat the action. With the rubber rings you really get your money's worth out of a single worm!

#8 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:17 AM

I was looking at those hair things too, but I like the black rubber rings cuz they are tougher and won't break in the heat the action. With the rubber rings you really get your money's worth out of a single worm!

I hear ya. If you can get more fish per plastic worm, the cost of some nice yamamoto senkos is easier to justify.