http://www.myfishing.../img/106511.jpg

http://www.myfishing.../img/106512.jpg

#2 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:37 AM

the pictures arent viewable for the richmond hill section, would someone mind uploading them again?

#3 knot of rust

knot of rust

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Yes please I'd like to know where I can off shore fish in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Thanks

#4 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

Yes please I'd like to know where I can off shore fish in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Thanks

I am sure you can do in all of them u see in the pic.
if u happen to go any1 of this ,let us know how it goes.if you can pic also that would be great.thx

#5 knot of rust

knot of rust

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:47 PM

Thanks

I am sure you can do in all of them u see in the pic.
if u happen to go any1 of this ,let us know how it goes.if you can pic also that would be great.thx

I can't see any pictures. All I see is the word "Image" like 20 times

#6 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:01 AM

Yes.
Picture links will be fixed shortly.

#7 knot of rust

knot of rust

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

Still can't see the pics. Really interested in some good local fishing spots in Richmond Hill if anyone knows. I tried Bond Lake last week and I got kicked out 8)

#8 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

The picyure link is still screwed?? all I see is Image, over and over, oh well!

#9 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

for some reason its illigal to fish on bond lake, lake st. george, phillips lake and fillis rawlson park. if you go along bathurst and turn onto humberland just after macs milk theres a pond. i've never been fishing there but i found a two foot walleye on the shore and i caught thousands of four inch minnows overnight in trap.

#10 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

here's a picture http://maps.google.c... ... 3&t=h&z=17

#11 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

it's been over two years and the links still aren't fixed, i'm dying to know some local spots

#12 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Still can't see the pics. Really interested in some good local fishing spots in Richmond Hill if anyone knows. I tried Bond Lake last week and I got kicked out :)

You really got kicked out? I've gone there a couple of times and even though it says no tresspassing, nobody was ever there [i]to[i] kick me out...

#13 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

I'm not exactly sure if you're allowed to fish in storm resevoir ponds, but there are alot of fish there! I dont really know the name of the fish, but it was silver and about the size lengthways of my hand- I found that one floating, dead lol. There are also many big, black suckerfish hanging out there to...I saw the babies when they were swimming around in the reeds near shore, plus I found quite a few skeletons, and they were pretty big. (The resident stork went fishing) :) If anybody wants the location, It's off Bathusrst I think, and It connects to the school Lake Wilcox PS (not the closer pond, the one thats further away)

#14 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

lot's of people go on walks around bond but it is illegal to fish there, but if you ever get a chance to sneak in there, don't forget to bring your fishing rod :)

#15 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

for some reason its illigal to fish on bond lake, lake st. george, phillips lake and fillis rawlson park. if you go along bathurst and turn onto humberland just after macs milk theres a pond. i've never been fishing there but i found a two foot walleye on the shore and i caught thousands of four inch minnows overnight in trap.

The reason it's illegal to even visit Bond Lake, Lake st. George, Phillips Lake and Fillis Rawlson Park is because whoever owns the land doesn't want want the water to become polluted, like Lake Wilcox already has. If you look on Google Earth you can see just how much the colour of the water has become distorted- All the lakes that allow no fishing/tresspassing are deep blue, wheras the colour of Lake Wilcox has become greeny-gray with the pollution.

I also recently visited Bond Lake, and even through the sign reads no tresspassing, there was alot of trash on the ground as I walked around the lake. I picked up most of it, but what really ticked me off was the existance of a giant paint bucket with a hazardous waste sgn upon it which lay rusting in the water. Honestly, I was ready to jump in there, get it, and clobber the guy who dumped it- But sadly, no use now as all the chemicals had already decomposed. That is the reason why I think that it might be a good thing that all these kettle lakes have become so protected.

#16 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

The other storm reservoir that I briefly mentioned in my other post, the one near Lake Wilcox PS: I'm not sure what else this pond contains, but I'm sure that it holds quite alot of minnows. Me and my friend were poking around in there, and almost dragged me in with her as she fell in! :) Awesome fun...

#17 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

lake wilcox could and is getting fixed, the town is planting cattails along a portion of the shore, and about a decade ago lake lungs were put in(they help oxygenate the water and stop excesive weed) but the comunity didn't raise enough money to buy good ones and they broke down :)

#18 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

Yeah lol I know about how theyre trying to fix lake wilcox lol u can smell it a MILE away...

#19 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

If anybody here notices the abcense of readable maps, I've posted many on the 'Oak Ridges' section of the Map discussion, even though Oak Ridges is actually a part of Richmond Hill.

#20 rcaholic

rcaholic

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

During a bike ride found a storm pond at Shirley Dr and Redstone Rd that had large red and grey coloured carp swimming in them. Not sure how they got there, but am tempted to try chumming with canned corn and fishing for them.
strom_pond_carp_sighting.jpg